Norton In Hales Parish Council
St Chad's Church
Norton in Hales is an attractive village in the north east corner of Shropshire, bordering north Staffordshire. St Chad’s Church in Norton in Hales is part of a Benefice with St Leonard's Church in Woore and St Mary's Chapel in Aston For a small village, the church has a friendly and active community, which adopts a ‘Ministry of Welcome’ by encouraging others to come and worship with us.
The Church is open during the hours of daylight; visitors are always welcome. The original church was 13th century,but was remodelled in the 1860s and 1870s by Revd Silver. It contains one of the earliest monuments (1606) by Inigo Jones in the country.
All church records pre-1950 are now held by the Shropshire records office in Shrewsbury.